Monday, October 25, 2010

Now Playing: Social Network

I went to see Social Network last week, starring a very talented cast, headed up by Jesse Eisenberg.  Let's get it out there: I don't know Mark Zuckerberg personally (obviously) nor am I affiliated with him in any way; however, I do not like him.  Thank you for Facebook, Mark, but could you please stay out of my pictures?  So, yeah, I wasn't very interested in seeing the movie, but it was getting some very positive reviews, some Oscar buzz, and I thought "alright, fine". 

The movie was very good.  I mean, really good.  Every single cast member brought it to the set.  Jesse Eisenberg was amazing and Andrew Garfield hit it out of the park.  All other cast member, including usually banal JT, turned it up.  They were required to deliver quick, pithy script and to deliver it in a realistic and believable way.  That scene where Eduardo freaks out over an article about his pet cannibal chicken?  Priceless!  It's the little details that you find in these exchanges that make the whole film memorable.

I still don't know how I feel about a biopic based on a living person and on a story less than ten years old (can it be accurate? is it being influenced by people with vested interests?  how biographical is it really?).  Then again, how accurate is any story and don't all movies have the directors/producers influencing the subject matter?.

Anyway, it's worth checking it out.  I "like"d it.  4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: