Thursday, November 03, 2011

love letter, with my croissants

"Hello you. Adorable, quirky you. There’s no one like you in the world – I’ve looked! I’ve tried to find someone just like you, but it isn’t going to happen. Then I realised, I didn’t want someone just like you – I like you. I want you. You with your strange taste in clothes and even stranger habits. Those habits that puzzled me at first but that now I find comforting and familiar.

This isn’t to say that you don’t sometimes annoy me – you do that too. And I don’t make it a secret and we fight and we pout and generally act like children. But it doesn’t matter. That’s the nice part about fighting with you – I know you’ll still be you and I’ll still be me and we’ll still be we.

I like how you have different facets of your personality that you show only at certain times. Professional-you, all business-like with your clients; fun-you, geeking out on absurd randomosity; serious-you, with the little wrinkle between your eyebrows. Like a few of my favourite things, you sparkle differently in varying lights. I like that I’ve cracked the façade and gotten to see the hidden-you too. Don’t worry, I won’t tell.

I just wanted to say that I’m happy that you are around.  Enjoy the croissants."

No comments: