Monday, June 15, 2009

DVD: Six Feet Under

If we judge the quality of things by how they end and the after-taste they leave, Six Feet Under is one of the best shows I've ever watched. Having devoured all five seasons in about five weeks, I can say that there were moments when I thought "ugh, this is so rinse, repeat"... but more than often, I was drawn into the Fisher lives and left wanting to find out more.

Season One was a great hook and Season Two kept it going. Seasons Three and Four were... okay, not great. Season Five, like some sort of creature cognisant of its impending death and determined to flash all its brilliance before snuffing, was just that - brilliant. Episode 512 was a showcase of laughter, tears and bitterness - all the flavours of life.

If you have time, watch it. HBO remains king in my TV Land.

No comments: