Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Now Playing: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Ahh, another Michael Bay film. If you want things to blow up, this is your guy. Especially French things.

Anyway, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen is a marked improvement over the first instalment (and a clear setup for the third). The 'bots themselves were coloured differently - more vivid, brilliant - and this made it much easier to follow who was fighting whom in any (of the many) action sequences. The 'cons, sadly, remained quite grey, but at least they had distinct faces/bodies: my movie comrade tells me he had a hard time differentiating between Starscream and Megatron ...having always had this problem, I actually thought the movie made it easier, in fact. The plot wasn't bad either, considering the big bad was a direct ripoff/homage to both Alien and Starcraft. And while Shia Leboeuf made me wish Alice would get on with the killing already, the other characters make up for it, especially Agent Simmons.

Much popcorn was munched; a few scenes even made me say "whoa!" but I still took a bathroom break and missed nothing - clearly, a bad sign. 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments: