Thursday, May 20, 2010

Now Playing: Robin Hood

No, not that one, the new Robin Hood, starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. Of the two, I think you know who my favourite is.

It was an okay movie, nothing I need to go on and on about. The cinematography is my favourite part - those shots in France and on Dover beach? Lovely.

A good question came up post-show - why did they choose an 'older' cast? It seems all the reboots and origin stories have much younger actors in the roles, but in Robin Hood, the entire cast is over 35, I think and mostly over 40. Ponderations.

Also: when Crowe takes off his armour, he only has ONE scar; albeit, a big scar, but really? He should be riddled with nicks and scratches after ten years on the Crusades! These are teh kinds of details that bother me.

I'd rent it if I were you. 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: