Tuesday, May 25, 2010

three (really bad) reasons to have a boyfriend

+1: nothing kills me more than to have to figure out the "+1" deal. If I don’t take a date, I get the pity stares. If I take a girlfriend, not only do I get the pity stares, I also have to fend off questions about my sexuality. A boyfriend would mean a guaranteed "+1" AND someone to dance a slow dance with.

sick leave: you know, when you're sick and you just want someone to stay with you so you're not miserable alone. It's not like I expect them to make me chicken soup (although, that would be lovely) but, you know, someone to go to the pharmacy or to heat up a hot water bottle… that would be sweet.

scaredy cat: most girls would probably have something in here about opening jam jars and reaching the top shelf, but I have tools for those things. I do not have a tool for when I hear a strange sound in the middle of the night and I don't want to go see what it is, despite knowing it is something completely innocuous. Like last night, when I was awakened by what sounded like the front door closing. What I wouldn’t have given to nudge someone else awake who would go check the door while I peeked around the corner.