Monday, October 15, 2012

Now Playing: Argo

I’ll admit, I was mostly influenced into watching Argo after catching a very well-spoken Ben Affleck on Real Time with Bill Maher. So, a Saturday afternoon matinee at the movies, complete with popcorn ensued. You know what? A great movie. Seriously. I wasn’t expecting it. And even though you probably know the ending (for us youngsters, one oughtn’t assume), it’s still gripping and intense. There this one scene with the plane (when you watch, you’ll know it) – I literally held my breath and crept forward on my seat and actually said “thank God” when it was over. I highly recommend you go and catch it – and take your parents with you! They’ll enjoy it too.

The acting was good: full of awesome with Victor Garber, Bryan Cranston, John Goodman, Alan Arkin, and the hundreds of Persian-Americans who portrayed human beings (not caricatures). And the casting? Holy heck! Stick around for the credits to see just how amazing the casting was. Editing was perfectly paced – fast and slow and the right times, appropriate changes of scene, etc.

All in all, great. Hopefully an Oscar contender. 4 out of 5 stars.


No comments: