Friday, January 02, 2009

countdown

Since we've all just indulged in countdowns of our own, I had thought this was fun to re-do.

Ten random things about me:
10. I sleep with a 5-foot stuffed bear.
9. I was supposed to be named “Danielle” after my grandfather, but my parents thought people would mis-pronounce it.
8. I have asked for (and have received) socks every Christmas since I can remember.
7. I love reading historical romances, but hate rom-coms.
6. I can’t touch-type and can’t type the word “the” without spelling it “teh”
5. I’ve read “Paradise Lost” from start to finish without being assigned to do so.
4. I own a genuine genie bottle
3. I don’t wear any perfume except White Musk
2. My birthmark is a white elephant - and yes, that is why I am so good at ignoring obvious things that need to be addressed.
1. I’m an Anglo-indian, but have no idea as to what are the names of my “Indian” ancestresses.

Nine places I have visited:
9. Amsterdam, Holland
8. "the edge of the world" (aka Queen Charlotte Islands, BC)
7. The Met, New York
6. Calcutta, India
5. Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris
4. Stonehenge, County of Wiltshire (UK)
3. St. Joseph’s Oratory, Montreal
2. Gypsy Bakery (Churchill, MB)
1. the top of the CN tower, Toronto

Eight things I want to do before I die:
8. Visit Australia/New Zealand
7. Take a Mediterranean cruise
6. Own/Run a B&B in Stratford, Ontario.
5. Watch all 100 foreign films on my list
4. Skydive
3. Swim the Pacific Ocean
2. Read the Bhagvad Gita
1. Touch the Acropolis

Seven ways for somebody to win my heart:
7. Make me laugh; laugh in return
6. Indulge in my “crazy”
5. Accept my family and their place in my life
4. Don't let me stay angry for long.
3. Hold my hand during scary movies
2. Listen when I talk; remember what I say; apply it to future conversations.
1. Buy me a book; write a note on the inside.

Six things I believe in:
6. Karma
5. Evolution
4. There is a God and She has a serious sense of humour
3. “A man’s reach should exceed his grasp”
2. "Do or do not; there is no try."
1. The power of desperation

Five things I am afraid of (or nervous about, or cautious about):
5. Cancer.
4. Going blind.
3. Being taken advantage of.
2. Walking on icy sidewalks.
1. Having no one to annoy in my 70’s.

Four of my favourite Items in my bedroom:
4. Boshie Bear, for all his night-time cuddling.
3. "Secret" books.
2. Customised closet: built for me, by me.
1. The humidifier that allows my tropical body to survive in subarctic winters.

Three things I do everyday:
3. Call a friend.
2. Take 50/50 chances.
1. Seek out the advice of those much cleverer than I.

Two things I am trying not to do right now:
2. Give in to my natural inclination for tenacious curiosity.
1. Become a mindless TV addict.

One person I want to see right now:
1. Me, 40 years from now. Narcissistic, I know. But imagine all the stuff I could ask (lottery numbers, stock options…)

No comments: