Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Now Playing: The Takers

The Takers.  It has Idris Elba in it.  I love Idris Elba.  Do you think he'll ever play non-gun-toting role?  Can he actually act or is a real-life gangster who happens to be an actor?  Has anyone thought of casting him in Othello?  I would pay to see that experiment.  Truly.  In the meantime, he's said to be playing Heimdall in the upcoming Thor movie.  So, now a comic book bad-ass - that's sort of branching out, right?  Anyway, he's one of the reasons I went to see this movie and that other one.  
And what were they thinking with horribly photoshopped poster?  Especially Paul Walker - my Nana could tell you there's something not right there... geez.  Millions of dollars to make a movie and they can't get the actors to hang out for an afternoon and take pictures?  I find this ridiculous.  Just look at the heads of the three sitting in front.  Go on, look.  You see it, right?  Now, I can't unsee it.  All those floating heads.

Oh, the movie.  Right.  Predictable, and it didn't even want to be.  Good action.  Decent drama.  That running scene was adrenaline-worthy.  But all just average.  3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: