Monday, January 10, 2011

Now Playing: Black Swan

Well, I didn't really know what to expect of Black Swan.  I barely knew anything about it (except, of course, about the "hot lesbian sex scene between Natalie and Mila" ... it's hard not to know about that when you hang out with boys).  So, let's get that out of the way: yes, there is a lesbian sex scene; yes, it is hot; no, it is not the only reason to watch this movie.

Who wrote this thing?  Because that's the best part!  I love when we take classics and update them; I especially love when those same classics then enjoy a resurgence because of it.  How else would you get boys interested in Swan Lake and ballet?  I thought the costuming and directing were really tight too.  I really really liked the feathers bit (you'll know it when you see it) and how cringe-worthy this movie about a delicate art form really is.  Finally, what is up with all the horror elements?  It totally caught me off-guard in a very good way.

I enjoyed this movie immensely.  I liked the acting, the directing, the script and the costumes.  It was thoroughly entertaining.  4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments: