Monday, January 10, 2011

Now Playing: True Grit

A Coen brothers' remake of the 1969 classic, True Grit has a lot going for it. Not a bIg fan of Westerns and knowing full well the love/hate relationship I have with the Coens, I went into True Grit with some trepidation.  It was needless.  Yes, Jeff Bridges was awesome.  Yes, it was well-paced and pretty much perfectly directed for a Western.  And no, there wasn’t enough of Josh Brolin in it.  You know what really sold me?  A little lady named Hailee Steinfeld.  Sweet baby jesus, that girl is amazing!  She needs to be nominated for Best Actress  and I think she may actually be a contender to walk away with it!  Seriously – she’s that good.

I don’t really know what else to say other than it was completely worth watching.  Especially if you have a non-movie man in your life (I’m thinking of my dad).  It was solid.  4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: