Saturday, December 31, 2011

goodbye 2011

I know I haven't posted in quite some time and I have no excuses.  Especially these past three weeks, when I've been home with a sprained ankle and unable to do much more more than sleep and sit.  Books, movies, TV and Christmas have kept me sufficiently distracted.  I realise that last year I made no resolutions; it kinda worked out.  I've had a very good year.  Before December, I didn't take a day off sick - this is a minor miracle!  I went back to school and despite a serious bump in the road, still scraped out an "A" in accounting.  My new job seems to be going well, with lots of (boring) work objectives completed.  I continued to travel to new places though I hope to be more exotic in near future.  One major bucket list item?  Check.  This year, Nish's work took her to Africa for five months and I missed her dearly; I also love how we click right back in when we do see each other.


December was a way downer: I sprained my ankle on the 12th and that effectively put the kibosh on all my plans.  I'm still on one crutch and in need of painkillers, so I'm not the happy camper I normally am around this time.  Nothing a little NYE quality time with Nish and AnCe won't solve.

I'd like to say I have goals for 2012, but I don't really.  I'd like to see at least 3 new countries this year and explore a new degree, but that's it really.  Sometimes I miss my student days (despite being cold, hungry and impoverished for most of it) where goals were simple: pass my classes, don't declare bankruptcy, find simple pleasures in the company of others.  Now everything is more...complex.

Happy New Year to you and yours; in case 2012 really is the last year for humanity, make it a good one.

No comments: