Tuesday, January 10, 2012

oh me oh Maya


So 2012 isn’t starting off very well. I mean, a sprained ankle that get misdiagnosed and sticks me with a twelve-week cast? Yeah, that sucks. This means no escaping to a hot country for a week (or two), no conferences until April (when they’re all finished), no movie theatres or road trips… yeah, sucks.

And being back at work has been… a struggle. I have some amazing colleagues who have offered to shuttle me back and forth so I can at least avoid cabs to/from work (which would really be annoying as I live 2 minutes away) and my staff have been wonderful with coffee in the morning and print-job pickups. It’s just, by afternoon, I feel drained and sore. It can’t be good that I look forward to my pain meds more than I look forward to sleep.

Since I have been stuck at home, with nothing better to do, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. Some of which is good: I was able to pay down my mortgage a whole year earlier with some clever negotiating. Some of it has been not-so-good, with some hard decisions being made. I read somewhere that 2012 is for the brave; for this inherent coward, 2012 is bound to be an uncomfortable year. Thanks a lot, Ancient Mayans.

No comments: