Thursday, December 19, 2013

Now Playing: Frozen

I’m using my 100-word rule!

Frozen is cute Disney movie.  It’s what you expect a Disney movie to be.  I like that there are two “princesses” and that the prince isn’t at all charming.  Having watched ALL the Disney Princess movies recently, this one is a good addition.  3 out of 5 stars.


I went to see Frozen in theatre, eschewing the much better 12Years a Slave, because I’m a big suck.  You see, when I was but a wee pixie, I watched two movies in one afternoon: The Snow Queen and The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.  In my 3-year-old brain, they melded into one awesome cinematic feat.  These movies were also my first introduction to snow.  Which basically meant I thought it would be a perfectly round cotton-ball-like substance that would feel something like a cool fuzzy blanket.  Pfft.  When I saw they were remaking the tale, I knew I had to see it.  Jadek fell asleep but I enjoyed it.  And it actually had a plot twist that I didn’t see coming! How novel.  A nice way to start the holiday season.

No comments: