Sunday, July 13, 2008

sore

Have spent eight hours for each of the last three days cleaning and painting the new place (almost done, almost done) with some helpers (JC, Jadek and superstar LilBro). At some point around 5pm on Saturday I entered a place of zen and calm, where walls were painted by me, but I didn't remember doing them. My shoulder was so sore, it stopped hurting and became almost numb. I began humming as if I were baking or something. Whoa. Anyway, all that's left is touch ups in the bedroom and at least 2 more coats in my "gold" kitchen. The whole house is actually off one colour palette, with different shading (cornmeal yellow, spiced butternut and glorious gold). One exception? Bathroom (of course) where I went with a traditional blue (bliss blue, to be exact) - there was a moment last night where the sun was about to set and it completely creeped into the entire place where the yellow and the blue just looked... like home. I'm very excited! especially when I see the view.

I am behind schedule (big surprise), but it's not too bad. with only the kitchen and touchups to go, I can still get some things done, but I'll need my Dad's expertise with a drill. While I'm all Miss Independent, I refuse to fuck up my closet because of my pride. I'm really hoping LilBro will finish up the kitchen while I'm at work this week (unfortunately, each coat needs 24 hours to cure... *sigh*) and I really need to finish packing... I'd forgotten how much stuff I have. I also need to acquire chairs of some sort for before the move, as there's nowhere to sit right now.

The big move is next Saturday - stay tuned, poppets!

No comments: