Friday, August 01, 2008

a 12-minute blog post

Poppets. I know I have been remiss in posting anything non-house and/or -movie related. Life, right now, basically consists of work, condo and sleep. A few movies to break the monotony, but that's it. I wish I had more exciting things to tell you. But I don't. Today, driving to work, I felt like taking the highway to a random cutoff and just spending the day wandering about an anonymous small-town. I wanted to spend the day browsing through used bookstores and antique shops, sipping milkshakes or eating ice cream cones, basically enjoying this respite from the rain. Alas. The closest thing I get to taking a break from the tediousness that is being a new-home owner and an old-department alumni is blogging to you. Sadly, this too is curtailed. I wish I had more than 12 minutes to compose and proofread a blog. I truly do. I wish I could wax poetic on lazy summer days, dandelion seeds and spectacular sunsets. But with only 12 minutes to spare, all I can give you are empty dreams. Here's hoping for better days to come.

2 comments:

kimmont said...

Hi there,
My name is Kim Montgomery. I recently came across your blog and I love how witty and intelligent your entries are! Your blog totally targets the lifestyles of young Torontonian women... great research and authorship!

The reason I'm writing is, I work for Matchstick Marketing, a hip market-research/ promotions company that spreads "word-of-mouth" marketing for our various clients. The campaign I'm currently working on is looking for women who write popular blogs that discuss topics like lifestyle, fashion, health & beauty and savvy current events, with the hopes that they'd be willing to participate in a short study about feminine beauty & hygiene products.

The survey wouldn't take too much of your time. I'd love to get the chance to connect with you and get your valuable feedback!

Please feel free to email me at kim@matchstick.ca and you can let me know if you're interested in participating in the study and how best to get in contact with you!

Thanks in advance,
Kim

Malecasta said...

Oh, Kim... do you really think I'm "witty and intelligent" or do you just say that to all the girls? And, yes, I totally WAS trying to target young Torontonian women with my well-researched and written blog. Even though I don't live in Toronto or do any research at all, I feel I can take this credit anyway. Kim, I hope you and I can become blogging bffs. I feel you just seem to get me, you know? And now that you want MY opinion on YOUR site, I just know that you respect me and my time. Be sure to pop by for mimosas and salsa!