Monday, August 02, 2010

staycation

Ahh, the long weekend... what should I do: cottage? take a train to Montreal?  attend a music festival?  Nah.  This weekend, I staycationed.

I started the weekend off right, with a Book Club meeting and then an impromptu re-watching of Inception (which, may I say, is just as good the second time around).  That was fun!

Saturday, I had a shopping date.  I had all these "birthday" coupons that were expiring at the end of month.  I went to Yves Rocher where I bought over $400 worth of stuff but only paid $140 (yes!).  Picked up my yearly allotment White Musk.  Capitulated to a certain sale.  Had a yummy lunch at earl's.  Came home and hung up my last two pieces of art, played some Starccraft campaign, took a short nap, and then played some multiplayer.

Sunday dawned and I decided to treat myself to a Spa Day using all my new purchases.  So I put on Batman Begins and gave myself a long, luxurious foot soak, facial and hair soak in coconut oil.  Then I turned on my favourite white noise, lit some candles, turned off all the lights, drew all the curtains and had the longest bubble bath known to man (followed by a full body scrub).  Straightened my newly moisturised hair.  Spent the next 4 hours in my Chinese silk robe, playing WoW.  When I I got the call for dinner, I was sufficiently rested and pampered to say "okay!" and  off we went for Prince Sushi.  (mmmm....).  Came back and logged on for some mulitplayer Starcraft action.  Rolled into my newly changed bed around 3am. 

Monday: what to do?  Impromptu lunch plans with DK and then a re-watching of The Wire before getting ready for work tomorrow.  I feel like I've had a week off!  Loverly.

No comments: