Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Now Playing: Knight and Day

I only went to watch this movie because I had these coupons that HAD to be used in a certain theatre during a certain month.  Time ran out.  My back was to the wall.  It was either Knight and Day or The Sorcerer's Apprentice (it's sad when someone considers a crazy person the lesser evil when compared to Nic Cage).  So, there we were.

You know, I really wasn't looking for much: a little action, a little suspense, some humour and dash of cheesy romance.  That's all they needed to live up to expectations.  And maybe the problem was that I just seen Inception and Salt; maybe those two flicks with their mind-fuckery and their serious plots left a lingering of... I don't know, expectation in my cinephilic brain. 

Sadly, K&D failed.  And not just like they came up something lame.  No, they plagiarised some of their best bits.  Cruise shooting up a warehouse full of bad guys?  See: Mr. & Mrs. Smith.  Cruise flattening himself to the top of a fast-moving truck in order to avoid being flattened by an overpass/overturned car?  See Wanted.  Running along a rooftop while cops chase you?  See Matrix.  I could go on and on. 

Really, what kinda dampened the Salt experience was watching Inception a few days before.  What ruined Knight & Day?  Every other action movie ever made!  Seriously.  There wasn't a single cool moment that didn't feel... stolen, somehow.  No wonder they replaced him with her.

The locations were nice.  Yawn.  2 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really? You wasted a coupon on this one??

Malecasta said...

no! never! i got FREE coupons that I had to use by the end of July (I got them way back in December) and there really hasn't been anything worth seeing there. I kept waiting and waiting and then... Knight and Day. le yuck.