Sunday, August 28, 2011

Now Playing: One Day

I'm not usually one to watch girly movies in a theatre, unless it's Oscar season and they're on the list.  DK asked to see One Day so I went.  First of all, it was kinda nice to see a movie where things didn't blow up without a boy.  You know, so if I get all choked up, I don't feel embarrassed.  Secondly, there were two young ladies in front of us who were so obnoxiously immature I actually felt compelled to tell them to "shut it or leave" (they shut it).

Anyway: movie.  It was okay - these things are either sad or funny, sometimes both, rarely neither.  And, predictably, I knew what was going to happen less than a minute into the movie.  I really need to stop watching so many movies - most things don't even surprise me any more.  Hathaway and Sturgess are great, though I expect nothing less from these two.  Everyone else plays their parts.  Script wends its way through the emotional roller coaster of a romance.  All in all: a rental.  3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: