Sunday, January 24, 2010

Now Playing: The Book of Eli

I actually watched The Book of Eli on Wednesday and was unimpressed enough to not have to run home and review it. This may actually be one of those times when the blog graphic is longer than the review! It was a well-shot movie, with some interesting plot twists; and Gary Oldman, of course, who could sell me sand in the desert. You know, the acting was good too, with Kunis and Washington really giving it their all. I suppose, in some ways, I felt like the movie was... incomplete somehow? I don't know. I think it may be a pretty good rental, but that's it. 3 out of 5 stars.

Also: it touched on a lot of the same themes (post-apocalypse, literacy, cannibalism) as The Road, so this may be a good comparator movie night idea.

No comments: