Friday, October 14, 2011

Now Playing: Moneyball

Can you make a baseball movie thrilling?  Yes, I think we've proven that before.  So, what does Moneyball bring to the table that hasn't already been done?  Hard to say.

Here's the thing: I got a FB message from DK asking if I wanted to see either 50/50 or Ides of March.  Well, umm, I'd already caught both, so that left Moneyball.  In a bid that proves just how easy I am, I said okay.  After a delightful Thanksgiving brunch at Whole Foods, we settled into the movie.



All in all, it was okay.  I probably could've rented it, but it wasn't bad.  I learned something (statistical baseball?  love it.) and I was entertained.  Also, Jonah Hill in a non-slapstick role?  It was weird... I don't know if he was great or anything - but he wasn't flat.  I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

As an aside: has anyone been hushed during the pre-pre-show?  You know, the random movie trivia and advertisements?  I have never experienced this - frankly, I've never been hushed in a movie before.  It was not surprise that it was some middle-aged woman watching a movie alone who did the shushing.  I know it sounds mean, but she probably also has cats and neatly labelled junk jars.  Honestly.  Who does that?  /end judging

No comments: