Wednesday, February 13, 2008

board games

One of the ways is like to spend my Saturday nights is to play board games. That's right, board games. I know it's simply geektastic, but I can't help it. It has everything I could want in a hobby: interaction with others, using my intelligence, opportunities to kill and maim without drawing blood. wonderful. My favourite games have always been brainy games, even as a kid. I liked Clue and Othello more than Monopoly or Sorry. Over the last couple of years, I've been introduced to a triumvirate of German games that have simply riveted me: Settlers of Catan, Tigris & Euphrates and Puerto Rico. Only one of these leaves anything to chance (i.e. dice) and all have a negotiating social aspect that I enjoy immensely. I love the close race to the finish, knowing that no one can taint my victory with complaints of "dice rolls" or "bad luck" (nothing irritates me more than a sore loser, being one myself). The other nice thing is that people are actually willing to play with me; for some unfathomable reason, many seem anxious about taking me on in Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble.

Board games have been gathering dust of late, laying abandoned until we can find another fourth which makes for the most balanced of play. Saturday nights seem lonely. I mean, there's always Rock Band and gossipping ... but where's the blood in that? FUN! I mean, fun, in that. Fun. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Malecasta said...

I enjoy finding robo-messages in my comments, like Easter eggs!