Sunday, June 08, 2008

heat wave

It is hot. I am at work. There is no air conditioning.

The first person who asked me about the heat, got a polite explanation: "we've ordered parts for the broken chiller, but they haven't arrived yet. We probably will not have AC until tomorrow sometime."

The second couple got a snarky one: "oh? Is it hot? It's just that the staff here like to keep it tropical so we don't notice that's forty plus in the building. You're lucky we turned it down from the sauna we had on this morning."

The third one got pure rudeness: "obviously it's not working and obviously we don't like it either. If you want AC, go to the mall across the street."

Stupid people and their downright idiotic questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, now - that attitude ain't gonna win you any medals for customer service.

You say, "Wow, really. It's hot? I better check into that." Go in the back and come out 20 minutes later. Either they will be gone or they will think you got real busy on their behalf.

Everyone wins.

DK

PS Thanks for the tip off, I'll bring the ice packs and the fans.

Malecasta said...

I think this really IS one of those situations where we should get medals just for showing up and staying. I was sent to buy fans for two depts, yours and mine. My staff "thank God"-ed their arrival; yours said it was like "breaking wind in a wind storm". *sigh* where's the love? I should have just kept the fan in my dept and seen how they liked that.