Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the missing

Today, I packed the last box of books. I whittled my collection: donated three boxes of (almost) brand-new books to library, kept authors together in the basement instead of taking all my titles, let go of some real crap. Sixteen xerox boxes in total, holding 632 books. That's almost half of what I started with. In updating my spreadsheet (I am a librarian, after all), I discovered some lost books. I was shocked to see not one but two of my desert islanders unaccounted for. Where have they gone? Have I lent them out and forgotten to keep track? Were they hiding on some bookshelf I can't remember? If anyone has seen my babies, or has any information as to their whereabouts, please let me know. I didn't know until right how very much I missed them.

Little Women
World of Wonders
Robinson Crusoe
I, Lucifer
A Separate Peace
Time Traveler's Wife
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde and Other Stories
Vanity Fair
Red Tent
City and the Pillar
Paradise Lost and Regained

2 comments:

Madox23 said...

HA HA HA HA VANITY FAIR BY THACKERY IS TOTAL VIC FIC.... har! I knew it.

Malecasta said...

Don't get too excited - I also own all of Dickens - that doesn't mean I've read or like them. My VF is a first edition printing in red leather - not bought for its content, merely its aesthetics (at a second hand bookstore in Waterloo, of all places) :)