Monday, June 30, 2008

juillet has my heart

Ahhh, July. Can a more perfect month exist? Warm weather, summer vacation, trees in full green.... lovely. It's also the real summer blockbuster season and this year is no different: Hancock, Hellboy II and X-Files are all in there; however, as a special Goodbye to the Young Years of my Life, Christopher Nolan gives me The Dark Knight.

But there's so much more.
- July 1st is Canada Day: a whole day dedicated to my favourite country, land of my head, heart and feet. It doesn't matter that I wasn't born here; Canada has adopted me, chosen me... and I love her dearly. So, I'm getting my red-and-white on to take in the festivities in the Civic Centre.
- July 7 comes quickly as well, and with it all the birthday celebrations a girl could hope for (dancing with my peeps at Funhaus to the wicktastic stylings of DJ Dwight? check. Mom-cooked yummy food? check. Dinner(s) with the boys? check, check, and check! and, of course, ice cream cake (this year, I'm looking for a Joker Cake - get on it people!).
- July 14 sees Nish's inclusion into the Late Twenties club. It's also Bastille Day (for us French people, this is a big deal). This year, July 14 marks my first day back with the kiddies as well. Mayhem shall ensue, no doubt.
- July 2008 is made even more special with arrival of my long-awaited condo. After a gestation period of over 27 months, I am ready to welcome my bundle of mortgage into the world. I can't wait to paint, build and decorate the hell out of the place.

Move over Romeo, Juillet has my heart.

No comments: