Monday, January 28, 2008

on abandoning loved ones

So, this was a weekend of losses. First, Timmy will be gone for 10 business days. This makes me sad. I miss his snoring sounds in the night (they're very soothing, not at all like human snoring). I read somewhere that anthropomorphism is a way of coping with loneliness. This makes me even sadder. But alas, he is with the FutureShop people now, getting the dust sucked out of his fans so that he can breathe better and stop wheezing while we're crafting at war. As a result, I am cut off from all my favourite past-times: FaceStalking, online comics, messenger and, of course, blogging about all the inanities that fill my day. Only my books keep me going, but there's only so much Vic Lit I can handle at one time.

The loss of computer companionship is not all: humans are giving me a hard time too. I've rehashed this story so many times, I'm tired of talking about it. But, needless to say, "friends" can sometimes be just as sucky as anyone else... especially when they're male. Every camel has its straw. Long story short: someone I thought to be a very good friend (certainly a very old friend) acted like an even bigger jerk than normal. As Jadek points out regularly, I wouldn't let anyone get away with the amount of crap Krys throws my way, but yet I let it slide. Frankly, Krys doesn't really push me too far (possibly because he knows better than to poke the sleeping dragon), but the last few months have been unbelievable: cancelled plans, last-minute confirmations, almost never responding to social invitations without prodding... just a general disrespect for other people's time and a carelessness for their feelings. Anyone else would have long ago surmised that he isn't interested in hanging out with us, no? So. I'm taking it at face value. I have so little time to spread about, I can't imagine why I'm spending any of it with someone who seems to appreciate it so little. A curt text message and an equally curt one-word-response phone call is the last we've spoken. JC says it's not the end of it but I don't think Krys will even notice that something's wrong. Awaiting the fallout; I will probably be disappointed by just how anticlimactic it will be.

long story even shorter: humans suck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Treading carefully here, because I'm fuzzy on your code names - but for Buffy's sake woman, let your inner bitch out of her cage! Normally she's allowed to roam freely, why you're caging her up is beyond me! Have at 'em.

LH said...

As a representative for all non-sucky humans I extend my deepest apologies of the general suckiness of Krys. As you know, I KNOW, what that feels like, and sometimes, those soft feelings you have for somebody stop you from dealing with a situation that way you normally would. My advice? Deal with Krys the way you would anybody else. I feel like he's had the benefit of your "soft" feelings for him and has now taken that for granted. Life is about lines, and I think he just crossed one. You teach people how to treat you and so tell him ITS OVER, GET ON THE GRASS!

Malecasta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malecasta said...

Ladies, as members of the Non-Sucky Human Guild, I thank you for your encouragement. The inner bitch is being taught to have some manners so that she may be refined from callow to sophisticated. A hard task, to which I'm sure you'll both testify.

All this being said, I am drafting an icy piece I like to call "The Pinecone Treatise" - because, while I am a bitch, I function better in written form.