Thursday, January 31, 2008

retail therapy

Nothing like a little shopping to lift a girl's spirits. So, yesterday I decided to buy one new outfit. Skirt, pant and purple silk top: $110; 5 pieces of ridiculous jewellery: $5.70; 2 new piercings: $50... lifted sprits? one warm VISA card (certainly not priceless). Wearing my new clothes has only kept the high going. For anyone who doesn't believe in retail therapy: I feel sad for you; also: lunch is on you, because you're obviously saving your money.

Was very much looking forward to OLA Superconference tomorrow as well (that's right, I said Superconference - because when librarians get together, it's always super. Please try to reign in your jealousy.). Now, there's 25 cms of snow between me and the conference and I'm very much contemplating taking the day off. Little Quinn is just too beat up to be on a highway during a snow storm. I need a new car. Good thing I wasn't really depressed.

No comments: