Thursday, May 01, 2008

GCA: in the 'peg

Having only 9 mins on my HI-timer, I can't type much. Back from Churchill this afternoon after four days and mini-drama. Didn't see a bear (boo) but did see the cutest Husky pups ever - only thing that stopped me from taking one home was knowing I still had three weeks on the road. Other Churchill highlights include: bald eagles, Steph & Brett, Berth Control and Gypsy Bakery, where I traded my heart for an apple fritter.

Have already toured about Winnipeg quite a bit and am impressed by their preservation skills for the buildings - great blends of old and new and a real impression that they care about their brick history. This place is a gold mine for building/photography enthusiasts. Also: intentional graffiti. Highlights so far include: St. Boniface Cathedral, Red River bridge, the Oodena Celebration Circle in the Forks and Train Sushi. Tomorrow: off to the Mint, the Legislative building and some market or another.

be good poppets!

No comments: