Tuesday, May 20, 2008

i've been gone for three weeks....

...I need home for a rest.

Plane got in late last night or early this morning, depending on how you view it; didn't fall asleep until 4am due to stories and still being on BC time. First thing I did was peel off my clothes and take the longest hottest shower known to mankind. If I never see that black sweatshirt again, it will be too soon. Am now beginning to feel sick - all those climate and altitude changes are finally catching up to me; I knew it had to happen, I'm just glad it didn't happen while I was actually on vacation.

I have so many stories poppets! My journal alone is 54 pages long. Ridiculous. But instead of transcribing it (which would be boring I think), I'll just write a series of GCA snippets over the next little while.

But first, some housekeeping.

Thanks to Kaylee for contributing in here; I knew once she started the blog she wouldn't want to end.

Thanks to you for continuing to check in here. I promise to have new things to say, as soon as I get back in normal mode. I know that nothing has been updated in a while, but I'll get on it before the week's out, I promise.

Back to bed for a quick nap before I begin unpacking. I am not looking forward to seeing what I stuffed into the bottom of my backpack three weeks ago. Interesting side note: my one pack weighed almost 20 pounds when I boarded my flight yesterday. That's right - I was carrying 20 pounds with me (and that's not including the ridiculously gorgeous black cherry cowboy boots I picked up in CowTown and had mailed home). I don't know how real backpackers do it.

No comments: