Sunday, May 11, 2008

Random Sunday Musings

I know, I know (I hear you loud and clear Madox!), it’s been awhile but how can I compete with postings that are coming to you from across Canada?

I read a lot, currently reading four books, and last week I finished the book Five Things I Can’t Live Without by Holly Shumas. It’s just an ok book about a 29-year-old who finds herself at the crossroads of life. If you have a couple of hours to kill and a library card you should check it out, especially if you like chick lit. The part that stuck with me and got me thinking was the title. What are the five things that I can’t live without? I’ve been doing a lot of thinking recently in terms of jobs (should I open that bookstore), living situations (should I move out and get my own apartment so I don’t have to deal with a crazy, rule-obsessed roommate?), love (what kind of guy do I want, what are my deal-breakers, what’s up with Crown Royal and was he really sick when he cancelled our date?), and life in general. So what are my five things? Sure I could say shoes and accessories but in all seriousness what are they? What follows are my five things.

1) Love
2) Family and Friends
3) Human Connections
4) Fulfillment
5) Books

So what are the five things you can't live without?

1 comment:

Malecasta said...

i know, i know, it's been a while since you posted this, but my five things?
http://dissolvedrants.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-every-independent-woman-needs.html