Sunday, March 09, 2008

damn those sunday thinkers

On this very sunny, very cold Sunday I have decided to do nothing. Of course, you know this means I will do too much of the one thing I shouldn’t: LeFou, I’m afraid I’ve been thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know). Here are some of the random thought I had today:

1) In Canada, houses without garages are dumbest things ever. Buying a house in Canada that doesn’t have a garage? Well, that makes you one of the dumbest people. Ever. I think this as I clean my car for the third time this morning. No, I’m not actually going anywhere, but if I don’t clean it periodically, it will take me an hour to find it tomorrow. I cannot wait to move. And I will never – I repeat, never – live in Canada in a place without a garage. Not as long as I own car. Screw the bragging rights.

2) I don’t know how accelerated mortgage payments really work. All I know is that it can’t be cheaper for you to hoard your money in your bank account waiting to pay something bi-weekly when you could stick it in there right away and save interest immediately.

3) If I claim bankruptcy in my first year as a homeowner, how long until I can try to buy another house? No life doesn’t stop just because you bought a place – get over it – but it sure does take a nice, deep, long pause. It has to. And I, as the responsible person that I am, need to learn to take nice, deep, long pause along with it.

4) While packing my books today, I discovered that if I stuff my stuffed animals in there, it stops the books from shifting about. How did i discover this? I was too lazy to go downstairs and get yesterday’s newspaper; instead, I looked around my bedroom, thinking, what can I use instead...

5) I can’t type and play WoW at the same time.

6) If you are going to silently stalk someone on Messenger (or a Messenger-type service), try not to be so obvious as to go “away” less than a minute after they do; or, worse, come back online less than a minute after they do. It’s weird. Stalk with some sense of stealth.

7) The only thing worse than packing for a big move is packing for a big move that you’ve been anticipating for over two years. I want to feel happy and excited; instead, I am deliberately tamping down all these joyous feelings with thoughts of yet another push-back, maintenance fees, the $18,000 I’ve wasted in rent over the last three years, painting 627 square feet of walls, unpacking (ugh), dusting and taking out garbage. And why? Why am I doing this? Because the worst feeling in the world is the anticipation of something and then that something being put out of your reach yet again.

8) Elle’s hopelessness is something I’m so familiar with, I want to take up the habit.

9) I hate living at home more and more with each waking moment; it’s still hours before bedtime.

10) What was life like before Air? I've looped Talkie, Walkie and Moon Safari all afternoon.

No comments: