Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Bunny Day

The History of Easter Bunnies
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

I found Joshua sitting in a far corner of the courtyard playing with some children. One little girl had brought her pet rabbit to the wedding and Joshua was holding it in his lap, petting its ears.
"Biff, come feel how soft this bunny is."
"Joshua, John has been arrested."
Josh slowly handed the bunny back to the little girl and stood.

[...water turned into wine...]

Just then Joshua stumbled through the gate and crashed into us. We were able to catch ourselves and him before anyone fell. The Messiah was holding the little girl's pet bunny, hugging it to his cheek with the big back feet swinging free. He was gloriously drunk. "Know what?" Josh said. "I love bunnies. They toil not, neither do they bark. Henceforth and from now on, I decree that whenever something bad happens to me, there shall be bunnies around. So it shall be written. Go ahead Biff, write it down." He waved to me under the bunny, then turned and started back through the gate. "Where's the friggin' wine? I got a dry bunny over here!"
"See," I said to Maggie, "you don't want to miss out on that. Bunnies!"

No comments: