Wednesday, March 19, 2008

viva purple*

Today, I drove into the wilds of Vaughan. It took me a surprisingly short amount of time to get up there (only 25 mins!) and it was a thoroughly easy drive. Why go there, you ask? Well! I know, gentle reader, that you live for the mundane activities that is my life as related in this space, so I will leave you in suspense no longer: ... appliances. That's right. The General Electric warehouse or whatever is up there and that's where I went to meet my shiny new charges. And they are ever so pretty. I won't lie, darlings, I hugged the refrigerator. (Far away from the sales chick, of course, or I would have lost all my consumer powers). They even gave me colour printouts of my six babies, so I can show them to people who insist on showing me their kids' ugly mugs.

"This is my eldest, Natalie..."
"This is my biggest, Fridge. These are the twins, Washer and Dryer. Dishie is pretty quiet - doesn't get out much. Stovie just got his coils removed. And this... this is my smallest, Micro. Isn't she a sweetheart?"

This was the most fun I've had with anything condo-related ever. It was even better than picking my colours, because it didn't have a $5000 price tag. It was just... bliss. *siiiiiigh*

* = the title to this post means nothing. As I was turning onto Keele, I saw a Vaughan Transit bus that alternately flashed "York University" and "viva purple" ... i have no idea to what that second part alludes, but I thought you may enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: