Thursday, March 20, 2008

the playlist

Sometimes, the beauty of a varied and random playlist makes itself known.

"It makes sense that it should happen this way /that the sky should break and the earth should shake / as if to say: sure it all matters, but in such an unimportant way / as if to say: fly away"

"All I'm asking, is for a little respect."

"Just turn around now; you're not welcome anymore. ...did you think I'd crumble?"

"I am colourblind: coffee black and egg white. Pull me out from inside. / I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am...taffy-stuck and tongue-tied. / Stutter, shook and uptight. Pull me out from inside. / I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am...fine."

"Words, frozen, will thaw when I am wasted, I am better shut up"

"All I know: I won't go without her" [no link, band too obscure (Market) singing its one semi-famous song (Shield)]

"Too many voices: which one's right, which one's wrong. / ...I am contemplating matters /All this cling and clatter / In my head, and what you said /Is ringing, ringing faster /And it's all good if you would / Stop the world from making sense / And if I could just realize / It doesn't really matter."

and now... for an entire album:
"When the pawn hits the conflicts he thinks like a king / What he knows throws the blows when he goes to the fight / And he'll win the whole thing 'fore he enters the ring / There's no body to batter when your mind is your might / So when you go solo, you hold your own hand / And remember that depth is the greatest of heights / And if you know where you stand, then you know where to land / And if you fall it won't matter, cuz you'll know that you're right."

No comments: