Friday, April 25, 2008

99 blogs, and I bitch in all

Somehow seems appropriate that on the eve of the Great Canadian Adventure, I also cusp upon the Great 100th blog. I wish I had something monumental to share or even or a nice little ramble, but alas... I do not.

Last night, I went to an open house for a financial services company. The regional vice president has been our family's money guy for a long time and he's been semi-recruiting me to join the company. I don't want to overstate this: I have no financial background (I just like playing with money) and have never worked in the banking industry. But he says he sees a "natural acumen" that he wouldn't mind developing on the company's dime - he has offered to pay for my accreditation if I consider working for him. Must say: mighty tempting. I've been wanting to go back to school for something - anything - and this seems to be a good way to do it without shelling out for it. Not being a very big risk-taker, I know I didn't want to quit my job and do that full-time. Then he says, okay... work part-time. Part-time? Really? And I get free school? And he says "why not? you'll be making so much more money doing this, you'll quit your other job on your own."
huh.
I suppose I shall have to look into that when I get back. Good thing he doesn't know about how I paid the wrong VISA last week - not much financial acumen showing there.

No comments: