Monday, April 14, 2008

only 74 hours of work stands in my way

Tomorrow begins another 11-day work week and then we leave on our trip. While we've accomplished the bulk of the planning, we still don't have a place to stay in either Saskatoon (always a contender for the murder capital of Canada - yay!) or Prince George, and we're hoping that Skidegate (or QCC) will prove friendly enough to do things on the fly (because we haven't rented a car or anything for the day and half we're there. We've now begun to pack: so far, I'm bringing the shampoo and body wash, Nish is bringing toothpaste and bug spray. eww - bug spray. I've gotten my makeup down to three eyeliners (this far, but no further! I will NOT go down to two) and a chapstick. I'm trying to only take a backpack and a shoulderbag, because I want my hands free. This means rationing out things like "jeans" and "socks" - thank GOD for Saskatoon Stu and his condo complete with shower and laundry! I'm so not ready - but I will be by this time next week. I promise.

To give you an idea of the scope of the trip:
...all in 23 days. God, we're insane.

No comments: