Wednesday, April 23, 2008

a robot scorned

So, last night I couldn't sleep. It was 1am and I was making phone calls to various car rental companies (cancelling, booking, amending, you name it). After that, I went downstairs to annoy my brother for a bit - my, how the tables have turned. He was playing some song by a pixie-voiced chick called GLaDOS singing "Still Alive". Unfortunately, the plastic strumming drowned out the lyrics, so I showed mercy and left him alone to go up and youtube the song.

Little did I know it was a pixie-voiced robot chick. And boy, was she mad. Love the cold sarcasm that drips precisely from her voice. Love the tiny vicious snipes (while you're dying I'll be still alive / and when you're dead I will be still alive). Love love love the lyrics. Then I re-listened and thought: boy, is she sad. I'm happy to know that my 2am delusions aren't completely baseless. Makes me wish I'd played the game; though, I will admit, watching a friend play it that one time almost made me seasick. He's not one to "teach" people how to play - more of a "look what I can and you can't do" type.

Also: made me want to eat cake. So I did.

No comments: