Thursday, April 24, 2008

what the...

Five days after the best cake, I get a text message: "am sick. have fun on your trip." umm, thanks? I don't even know whether I should be responding to that. My first instinct is, of course, to do what I do best: offer chicken soup. But, are we friends now? Can I do that? And, really - I don't want to be exposed to any sicknesses less than 48 hours before departure time. I think I may text him back with "hope you feel better" on Friday night before I shut my phone off.

In other news: I will be working Canada Day this year, yet again. The job description will actually ask for "happy peppy people" (or, "pro-active customer service" in HR-speak), so you know I'll be faking that after five hours. At least there will be ice cream and fireworks afterwards. Who's in?

No comments: