Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Few Introductory Words

I’m a chatter. A listener. A writer? Not so much. Although I email constantly throughout the day, I’ll often reply to an email (especially one of those multi-paragraph ones) by picking up the phone. So why did I decide to start blogging? Well I started blogging for work – I work as a publicist at a mid-size Canadian publishing house (no the other one) – and found it to be quite relaxing; especially on a Friday afternoon when my brain just can’t focus on actually working with the sun shining through my window. Also, my friends, especially DissolvedGirl and Semi-Optimist, have been pushing me to start a blog citing that one if you’re not on the web you don’t exist and two since I lead such a “drama-filled” life that I would have plenty to write about. I think they were just tired of listening to me and really I don’t blame them; I’ve put them through a lot since the New Year. Honestly, my life, although it’s been pretty drama filled the past few months – recently got out of an unhealthy relationship; one of those he was great on paper but we were on different paths, his to Alaska and mine to settling down — it’s pretty mundane for the most part. Although I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a blog, I was still hesitant so when this opportunity presented itself I decided why not? Let’s try it out.

So what can you expect for the next three weeks? Well you can expect stories from the publishing world, musings on what it’s like being back in the dating world, on movies I’m watching and books I’m reading. I can’t promise that all my posts will be as witty as DissolvedGirl’s, but I do promise to try to keep you entertained so that the next three weeks fly by.

No comments: