Wednesday, April 09, 2008

i choo-choo-choose you

The Great Canadian Adventure approacheth and I'm finally starting to get more excited and less nervous. Despite having to negotiate mandatory appointments with the granite/marble/flooring people (who all have that tone in their voice that says I'm obviously insane for going on a three-week trip less than three months before I move in), not having booked all our car rentals, missing Jadek's birthday (for the first time since we've met) and staying in hostel situations - I'm excited! Still nervous, but excited!

The lists have begun: things to buy, things to pack, things to print... I really wish I could bring my laptop with me on this trip. I've found out that VIA offers WiFi on all their trains for only $30 for 30 days and that each seat has an outlet to plug into - but my Timmy weighs a solid 8 pounds and I can't imagine lugging him with me (not mention having panic attacks regarding security in hostels, etc). I will be actually physically writing in a journal on the trip - and will have to transcribe it all when I get home (or, if I get access to the internet, transcribe there).

One of the major rules of blogging is to write. Always. So as to not lose your audience. And here I am, leaving for three weeks, with no updates! I'm sure to lose my audience - all two of you! - in the meantime. What can I do? I'm considering a guest blogger - "think of it as an opportunity to talk about me behind my back on my very own site!" I said - but I don't think that's going to happen. I will simply have to ask you that of which I myself am not capable - patience.

No comments: