Saturday, April 26, 2008

C is for cookie

The last time I joined a Century Club, it wasn’t pretty. Sadly, I’m not spared the lurid details by a merciful bout of drunken amnesia; no, I remember every sordid moment. From the shot glasses that looked too small to be of any consequence to the choosing of my poison (Corona... I can’t even look at a bottle without gagging); from the 67th shot where I said “I think I’m done” to the 98th coming back up to join the 99th. Yeah, it was pretty dirty. But I manned up and did my one hundred shots.

I’m happy to say that this Century Club is not nearly as painful... well, perhaps it is for you who must read it, but not for I who gets to write it.

It seems fitting that I leave for a sabbatical after hitting this milestone. I’ve copied out our rough itinerary below, so you’ll sort of know where I am at any given moment. I’m just not brave enough to build in “free time” so, yes, every leg is meticulously planned.

I’ll see everyone in 23 days – be good!

Apr 26-27: Toronto-Winnipeg
Apr 27-May 1: Winnipeg-Churchill-Winnipeg
May 2-3: Winnipeg-Saskatoon
May 3: Saskatoon-Moosejaw-Regina-Qu’apelle
May 4: Regina-Saskatoon
May 5: Saskatoon-Edmonton-Calgary
May 6-7: Drumheller/Alberta Badlands & Banff/Lake Louise
May 8-10: Calgary-Jasper-Vancouver-Victoria-Nanaimo-Port Hardy
May 12-13: Prince Rupert-Queen Charlotte Islands-Prince Rupert
May 14-15: Prince Rupert-Prince George-Jasper
May 16: Jasper
May 17-18: Jasper-Vancouver-Whistler
May 19: Whistler-Vancouver-Toronto

PS: While I’m gone, Kaylee will be blogging in my stead, just to give you something to look at. Welcome her with half the warmth you’ve shown me and I’m sure she’ll not want to give it up.

No comments: